Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Frightful Halloween



Today is Halloween so allow me to formally say HAPPY HALLOWEEN PEOPLE (or no one, or maybe just Maddy, I think she reads my blog sometimes).

See that picture right there? Notice the red tint of the leaves on that tree. People, this is proof that California does in fact have seasons, including my favorite one fall. It's true I didn't have enough leaves in my yard to fill up my pumpkin trash bags and today was a pleasant 70 degrees, but picture = fact.


On to a more disturbing topic, the transition of the foliage in my world into the beautiful warm colors of fall is glaring reminder that each day I am falling closer towards graduation. There are a number of reasons why this would and should terrify me (i.e. the prospect of never finding a job, not passing the bar, having no more free money from the government, having to pay back "free" money, bankruptcy, ninja attacks in the night, etc ). However, oddly enough, the reason that terrifies me the most about that fateful day in May is that I may never have unadulterated access to Westlaw and Lexis for the rest of my life ::shudder:: (non-law readers, imagine one day having to pay for every Google search).

Now that's spooky.

3 comments:

  1. I never even thought about the westlaw/lexis predicament. Thank you for adding further peril to graduation NEDA. oxox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, agreed. But the ninja attacks are just as likely now as they will be before graduation. Beautiful pictures, Ansel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron, I had in mind ninjas contracted by the federal government who are sent to retrieve my student loan payments.

    ReplyDelete